Babies first word!!!

My son said his first word on thursday...We were just getting home from out and he saw his dad for the first time since 5:00 am that morning and he was holding him and all of a sudden he said "dada"... And we both looked at each other in shock... I was super excited... Now that's all he says every waking moment... LOL And it makes his dads day when he hears him say it..So my question is...What was your childs first word??? How did you feel when you heard your baby say that word???

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how old is your son? my 6 month olds havent said anything yet...but mine was BIG BIRD lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my son is five months and has just started saying "dada" and "did" and "hey" when he first sees me in the morning he'll say hey, hey,hey and when he sees his dad or i he will say dada over and over, now i ask who did it, like who pooped and who finished his food and he says "did" its so cute, people say he doesn't know what he is saying cause he is only 5 months but, i like to belive he knows what he is doing!!!!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• iparker289 my son started talking at five months also and I swear to god that boy new what he was saying. The only thing is he though Me and his dad were both dada for the longest time. He'd say hey when he saw me or if he wanted my attention anything like that. Now he's only 13 mo.s old but he's making word combinations like "give that back"; or "don't touch mama" they are sort of hard to distinguish sometimes but I always know what he is saying and so does my hubby so I know I'm not just going crazy and making it up because for a little while there I thought I was. but yea my son's first words were dada.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Even though it was my face she sees everyday...my daughter's was dada too. It's easier to say.
    My son's was mumma
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My son's first REAL word (besides the obvious mama, dada) was BackHoe----as in the construction truck. LOL
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009