Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any mothers out there who have went though a divorce and lost custody of your childern to a domestic violent parent?

If there are any moms out there who can help and give me some support God bless you. I lost custody of my childern over 1 year ago, how is the question? I had an abusive husband who was very much older than me, he was charged with domestic violence twice but courts turned things around gave him everything in our divorce, our childern, ordered me to pay child support, gave me visitation but suspendened that, then ordered me to pay for the divorce his attorneys fee and back child support. Justice was not served! And as of this month I have not seen my childern in over a year now. I'm not able to talk to them or have an address, or even really know the where abouts and safety of them. My childern are ages 4,6, and 9 my youngest two are girls and my son the oldest. My divorce was unjustice and I pray that the Lord helps me find some justice, peace and support. Thank you for listening...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Answers (5)
  • Did you have a lawyer? I went through craziness from an ex husband for almost 12 years and he finally won custody by making it look like I was doing everything he actually did. It's a long story but abusive people are usually very charming and manipulative. Anyways after 8 months I got my kid back and he no longer has any parental rights.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • Well, either your husband had a darn good lawyer, or we are missing part of this story? If we aren't.. then why haven't you petitioned to a higher court system?

    Now, I'm not trying to be rude at all.. but what did you do, to upset the judge?

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • 99% of the time the mother will get the children in a divorce and if there was are recorded account of DV the courts normally will not allow the children to be with that person...
    Now either there is more to this story... and I am so sorry that you lost your children... or as a pp said... your now ex had an extremely good attorney...( I am not being rude at all my dear bear in mind this), but have you tried to fight back? Have you talked to an attorney? there must be more to this... I am sorry that this is happening to you... I do wish you luck and hope that the out come of this will be in your favor soon... but talk to someone in the legal field to see if they can help you...


    Answer by gmasboy at 12:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

  • You can pray all you want but the only way you are going to get your kids back is to fight like hell anddon't stop until you get them back.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

  • I am not sure if most of you know this but there are a lot of Father's Rights Groups out there and they have been making a foothold in our court system. Here's one for example
    It made me sick to find out how many are out there. Also, it is proven that even now most women have a hard time paying for lawyers, they are usually paid less than the husband and the man usually takes most of the money. Also, now days it doesn't pay to call the cops if their is a domestic dispute because both of you will go to jail. So OP give us more information...What happened to lose your children so we can better help you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.