I'm kind of scared...tmi

I'm 36 weeks pregnant.
For three days I was soooo nauseated and I couldn't keep anything down.

I woke up today and felt great, except I've had diarrhea pretty bad.
I have had soooo much energy.

I took a 2 hour walk and when I got home my nose started bleeding all over the place (probably from the season changing?) and then I felt like I was going to have diarrhea and I just had gas really bad (sorry tmi) well when I wiped there was a big glob of mucous looking stuff it was greenish brown and had a little blood in it...I'm not sure if it came from my vagina or my bowel?

My question is...if it came from my bowel, could something be seriously wrong? Do you think it was most likely mucous plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• prolly you're mucous plug. however w/the throwing up and diarrhea you should probably call your doc. you don't want to get dehydrated that far along. i don't know what it could be if it came from your bowel, unless you've been very stuff as well it may just have been mucous that you've swallowed. i'd call your doc either way to see if you can get checked out and make sure all is ok. i'm sure its nothing to worry about may have been just a virus. but in the future if you can't keep anything down for 24 hrs you should go into l & d or the er to get an anti nausea med and an iv if needed.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I thinks it's possible it could be your mucus plug definetly put a call into your doctor
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Just to warn you diarhea is an early sign of labor. It's your body cleaning itself out before the baby comes, this doesn't happen in all people but sometimes it does. drink alot of water and since you are only 36weeks along call your ob or go to the ER because that's just a little early IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Well im due the 27th, but i went to my dr app and im dailated to 4cm? and ill be 37 wks tomarrow and the dr said i got around a 7 pound baby and i could have him this weekend. and that day she told me i kinda had a lil bot of blood but she said that would happen...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• When did you go to the doctor?
    You were just checked?
    Did you get your membranes stripped?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I went to the OB on wednesday and to my family doc for gall bladder problems on thursday. I was checked but my membranes weren't stripped or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It seems like you might be in a pre-labor stage~ but do you feel like your gall bladder situation might be affecting your pregnancy?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't think so...I feel good as far as my gall bladder goes today. Just diarrhea today. Usually my gall bladder makes me vomit and I feel like I have knots in my tummy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My only suggestion is to do what you can to be nourished, hydrated, and rested. It may be Time, it might not be... only time will tell. Some women are "shorter gestaters," and that is great for them & their babies. The average length of gestation is 40 weeks, so that must include many shorter (and longer) gestations, too.
    It could still be a while, we'll see.
    Do you have someone to be with you through the night?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yeah my mom is with me. I will be fine, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2009