1st Birthday

Im thinking about starting the planning of my sons first birthday. His birthday isn't till late december. The reason being that ill be having my 2nd son on thanksgiving and i just want to make sure that i have everything ready. Am I crazy to want to start planning so early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't say your crazy for wanting to plan now. It just depends, ...are you planning on having a huge party? Little parties arent too hard to throw together quickly. Just remember, if you're pregnant now, your hormones are gonna be all over the place and you just might change your mind more than a few times which could be even more frustrating for you than waiting a little longer. Just wouldn't want you to make more work for yourself! :0) Maybe just pick up a few of the basic things, like solid color decorations, or plates and napkins, balloons, etc. I would suggest not going too crazy with planning that you begin overwhelmed, either. If you think about it, these first few birthdays are more for you, then your baby. They wont even remember them. You just need a few pics with them and their cake! Those are the best!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Early the better, if can. It nice to have everything account it for and your son being so close to the hoilday. If I where in your shoe . I would.
    I'm actual try to figure what I'm going to do for my soon to be one yr old the end of these month.
    Muscialmae1

Answer by Muscialmae1 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• omg i'm going through the same thing. Her bday is Nov16 and I'm due Nov11...lol

So I've thought about postponing it till late Nov, possibly early Dec then I thought, she will never be "1" ever... I've begun planning myself... i won't be getting any sleep pretty soon so i don't want to be going crazy looking for things the last minute...

good luck and congrats!!!!
    egriffin1231

Answer by egriffin1231 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No way I started planning early...even starting buying gifts a few months before...I think its good to be ready!! Esp with a baby coming your not gonna have time to enjoy it later so why not enjoy it now while u don't have ur hands too full
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 3:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2009