Did you feel relieved or sad when you stopped breast feeding?

darlingdemoniac

Asked by darlingdemoniac at 4:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I felt sad when i stopped. I hear most moms say they nurse til baby is 2 and older and my 2nd son was just 6 months when he weaned himself. i felt sad. now my last baby is 5 months and i can hardly get him to nurse.
    Anonymous

• I felt both!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I was sad when I quit nursing my second one because I knew we wouldn't be having any more and I had enjoyed nursing him so much. He was a good nursing baby and we had alot of fun together. I was a tiny bit relieved that I wouldn't have to schedule my life around feedings, but I did miss that bonding.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Both. BF was so much easier than giving him a bottle, but I was glad to have my body back.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• A bit of both. Weaning is such a bittersweet time. Right now I'm not looking forward to when my girl decides to wean. She's my last and just turned one. When she is ready it will really hit home that she's the last and no longer a baby...
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 5:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Both. My son was born 2 months premature and I was extreameley sick after I had him and could not be with him alot in the hospital. So the nurses would take my breastmilk and store it for me, but had to teach him on a bottle. Once I was well enough to breastfeed, it took him a long time to latch and when he did, he didn't want to. We tried for several weeks and it was very frustrating. I was releived when I made the decision to stop, because it was very stressful. But I was very sad I stopped because I knew it was best. So I pumped for 3 months and at least he got that...
    Honey33

Answer by Honey33 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Sad. I planned to breastfeed until child led weaning, but we had some major issues and I was very uneducated and stubborn.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008