Not a question.. Jehovah's witnesses came to my door this morning, my husband answered at first because I was still in jammies..

They asked him a question and he told them to hold on and then he came and told me, "It's for you." LMAO...So I put a coat on (I dont have a robe), went to the door, and I was kinda hoping for a longer conversation, but she kept it short and sweet, gave me a pamphlet, and asked me if she could come and talk scripture with me sometime, so I told her yes, of course. Ok I guess I have a small question: Can't they come in the afternoon? Most people don't get dressed as soon as they get out of bed, there are mouths to feed in the morning. I hate answering the door in my jammies. Maybe more people would listen to them if they didn't come knocking when people are in embarrassing attire. By that I just mean I was wearing a wifebeater tshirt with no bra, and short shorts, Hence why I put the coat on. I don't want to be rude, they are God's people just trying to give a message.

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Heh...I answer all the time in my jammies with my hair desheveled and looking like I had a rough night. I used to hate how my dog would nosy and then she'd get all excited and pee on them...it was so embarassing.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• By the way they asked a question, Does God Promise wealth? I say no, he gives us this day, our daily bread....
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I've never had them come to my house in the morning they always come in the afternoon. When she asked if she could come back sometime I would have told her fine but just not so early.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Haha they're lucky they don't knock on my door. My house is clothing optional (when there's no one here) and i usually don't get dressed unless i'm going somewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Why are you answering your door at all? Don't you have a peephole in it?

If it's a stranger, don't answer.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I do not have the privelage of a peephole, we have a screened in front porch and we keep the front door open to let air in since the contractor of this house was against too many windows. I don't mind them coming to my door, and I don't want to be rude to people of God, I just wish they would comel ater thats all.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• they tend to avoid my house after they knock one time. I have a beagle, and he has a LOUD bark. A couple of years ago a girl knocked and he started barking, by the time my fiance opened the door she was halfway across the parking lot.
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 12:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• hey they came to my house yesterday too. i live in an apartment and was on my way out, so i told them they could leave the info by the mailbox- i didnt want to be rude either...but i thought it was very rude of them to ring my nieghbors doorbell like 20 times. she works nights and sleeps during the day, it was about 10:30am. and i understand they are trying to spread the word, but still, they should know when to call it quits. if you ring the bell and no one answers, keep it moving! and i know they rang the bell so many times because i called her to tell her not to bother getting out of bed, it was only the JW's at the door, not an emergency.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The earlier you get started the more visits you can make :)
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If you dont mind them coming back, just ask that they come at a time thats more convenient.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2009