Divorse?

I really want to divorse my husband but I know he will try to get custody of my son. He can have everything else, I just want my son.

He just sits at home on his ass all day getting unemployment. I give him 1 thing to get done while Im off working my two jobs and he cant even get it done. He always makes sure he gets my checks and he wont let me go buy stuff that I want even though I am the one make the most money. So should I leave him or will I have a good chance of losing my son if I give him the house and the cars? because then it would look like I have nothing even though I have a plan to move in with my parents for a bit until I get my money saved up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Usually the courts side with the mother. I would take half of everything unless he's willing to relinquish his parental rights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• take what you can from him. for one thing you're the one who works so you're money bought it. but that way you're son is taken care of. and the courts will probably side w/you, you've made the effort to take care of the family and you are mom.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I stay with my husband for the very reason I'm afraid he will get my son. I'm the primary caregiver and my husband has yet to do crap as far as parenting.....I am basically a nanny, he has no regard for me and my position as a mom or wife.
    Courts are un predictable it is hard to say what could be decided by what judge. I could never leave my son alone with his dad...his dad has zero standards. I just stick it out like a prison sentence...the day my son turns 18...I'm free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• courts usually side with the mother. my ex and i just went to court, he had an attorney which i didn't know about until i walked into the court room, i represented myself, i got EVERYthing i wanted and then some
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• you have a job, he doesn't. The court with side with you most likely.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009