double standard boyfriend

my boyfriend is upset with me because not only do i have male friends but i happend to call one of them my boo. i didn't even mean it in a boyfriend way either! he calls his female friends by sexy girl or babe and i get yelled out? whats his deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You both should stop this now if you're going to be serious with each other.

You and he both need to spend a whole lot less time with friends of the opposite sex and using pet names for them. It's threatening.

Once again, if you are both serious about a life long commitment, distance yourselves from any opposite sex friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• you don't have to distance yourself from opposite sex friends. my husband and i have been married for 7 yrs and still have good friends of the opposite sex. my hubby is navy, who do you think comes to help w/"man" stuff when hes gone, my guy friends, he has no problems with this b/c he trusts me and them.
    as for the names, i'd just explain to him that either you both cut back on the cutesy names or you both continue to use those names w/your friends. i can say if i'm talking to a waiter and say sweetie or something like that my dh does get upset. but for me its habit since i used to waitress, the more guys you call sweetie or hun or whatever the more tips. so its still an old habit that i've been working on b/c i know it offends him. you guys have to figure out the compromise.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's true, I also had a lot of male friends when me and my boyfriend of 1+ years got together. He also had a lot of female friends. We both would get jealous and constantly "fight" about it untill eventually, both his friends and mine seemed to disappear.. I guess it's how serious you become with eachother... but it may just pass.. now we argue about bigger and badder things :) lol

good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You DO NOT have to distance yourself from opposite sex friends. That's plain silly.

But the pet names have gotta go.

AND...what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If the boyfriend can't follow the same line,s then he's no longer the boyfriend.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Why are you all even giving these names to friends? If you want to be serious with each other you need to act a bit more mature about having friends of the opposite sex. Me and the man slice tend to call our friends by like you know...their names...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Listen take it from someone who knows what u r saying.... The deal is if u really have a good strong partnership then be straight out with him and tell him how u feel... If he really loves u I think u will be able to work it out ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You can be friends with these other people. But hello?? HOw old are you guys again? Nick names like that are for high school kids. If you're going to be serious then you both need to freaking get with the program. Why dont all spend time with each other??
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2009