Contractions....

Ok as of Thursday morning I was 4cm. Im very confused... I think im havin contractions but im not 100% sure what they are suppose to feel like, can someone please give me a good answer...??.... like are they suppose to hurt? I hear your tummy tightens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're not supposed to feel pain, but many women notice that contractions get stronger & more painful over time.

With concentration and acceptance (no fear), a woman might even feel zero pain.    :-)

Contractions tend to start out like little practice braxton hicks and get bigger & more frequent.   The tightening might start high and wrpa around the belly to the back.   Usually moms will desribe a "menstrual cramp" feeling.

Please ignore the "4 centimeters" stuff, that information is not relevant to you~  just work on getting through all your other stuff.    Whatever your cervix is doing (in numbers and percentages) will not help you now.   You can avoid getting checked in the future, too.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• its like sharp shooting pain and your back may hurt too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• See mine started out feeling like menstrual cramps then in less than 10 minutes they were more than I could stand. You'll know the difference once it happens. I had braxton hicks for 3 weeks before I went in to labor... I also went to Walmart on saturday and sunday and did nothing but walk for hours. They probably thought I was casing it.. lol.. I was 2 weeks late.. You'll know the difference once the real thing comes.
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I was told that when you are no longer able to talk whilst having a contraction, then you should be at hospital!
    mummy2tristan

Answer by mummy2tristan at 5:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It felt like my abdomen was being wrung out like a wet towel. Sorry but that's the best way I can think of to describe it. I agree with the person who said how many cemtimeters you are dilated is irrelevant... I was at 2cm for weeks and literally went from 2cm to 8cm and pushing in less than 15 minutes. Every woman is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009