How do you keep cool in the hot days?

Especially at the football/baseball field...When the bleechers are all taken up I bring my lounge chair and an umbrella...but what if you have a kid and a dh I really hate being in the heat and my kid wiggles too much and I can't stand sitting for too long right next to my dh (the body heat) starts to kick in and I/we start to get on eachothers nerves.

What do you do to make yourself or the rest of the family comfty in the heat?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• one of those rotating fans that sprays water!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Stay at home under the air conditioner w/ a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one hand and a huge glass of iced tea in the other! LOL! Never met a football or baseball game worth my sanity or a heat rash!
    donandtam2008

Answer by donandtam2008 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's funny you mention this because I cannot stand the heat and humidity and have to be inside a cool controlled temperature environment all the time. Yesterday as we passed by a baseball field and I was watching some parents sitting out in the hot sun on the bleachers I told my husband that I was glad our children were never interested in outdoor sports because I could never sit outdoors to watch them play. He asked if they ever were what was I going to do? Drop them off and drive by to pick them up? Laughingly, I told him I would have parked the car in the shade close to the field and watched them while the a/c was on....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009