Van Jones has resigned. Comments?

The Associated Press reported at 9:24 Pacific time that Van Jones is resigning amid controversy over some of his statements.

Asked by gdiamante at 12:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who is Van Jones?
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Energy czar, known for making VERY controversial statements including a claim that the US Government was behing 9/11.

The story hasn't quite made the news web sites yet...http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/04/AR2009090403563.html

Answer by gdiamante at 12:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• YAY! Good maybe he will think before he speaks now.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• One communist out, how many left????
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think it is a smart move for the Obama Administration given the controversy. Kudos to the all Americans out there who stood up and refused to accept government taxpaying money pay the salary of a hand selected non-vetted individual with radical tones and coarse rhetoric .

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• "non-vetted individual with radical tones and coarse rhetoric ."

You know, this is one of the biggest problems I've seen with this administration. I keep wondering what they were thinking? It's one thing to make mistakes with appointees ONCE...but you're not supposed to KEEP making them.

You're supposed to make new and different mistakes. **grin**

Yeah, I voted for Obama. No, I DON'T regret my vote.

Will I do the same in 2012? I really don't know. Ask me then.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I wonder if this means all the poor bastards who take the comm class I'm in next semester will have to get brand new edition books instead of used. Our current one starts the very first chapter singing his praises as the model of a successful public speaker. I didn't realize part of the resume of a successful public speaker was quietly resigning over a 3 day weekend when you hope nobody will notice, over irrational conspiracy theorist statements made earlier in your career.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• QUESTION WITH BOLDNESS!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Good.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think its utter bullshit. I don't subscribe to the 9/11 conspiracy theory but there are alot of Americans who do, should they be forced out of their jobs too? What about the ones who work in some type of government job?

Just because you become a part of someone's administration doesn't mean you are no longer entitled to your own opinion, especially when that opinion was voiced prior to joining the administration. If he signed the petition? So what!  He was well within his rights to do so. Did he break a law by doing so? Nope, so why the heck should he be forced out of his job?

This is really about Glenn Beck's pity part. Jones co-founded the organization that took down nearly 60 of Beck's sponsors, so he's commissioned the right wing smear machine to attack.

Funny for a party that claims to support the constitution, they are trying REAL hard to squash one man's freedoms

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2009