Who needs a laugh?

Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?'

She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'
CONT...

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh boy! LOL!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, ' Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Lovin it!
    donandtam2008

Answer by donandtam2008 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• laughing

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Oh my.. After dealing with a screaming teething baby that's what I needed... ROFLMAO
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• glad to help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• GO Gramma!!!!! That is too funny and I can just picture it in my head, you know, if more people would do that I'd bet on a lot more people trying to be decent so as to not get called out like that.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• lmao
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LMAO that was awesome
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LMAO~! Thanks for sharing~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009