Are you too afraid to start a workout?

I know I have to start some where but I am too afraid to have a stroke/heart attack/hyperventalating...if I start to do some kind of exercise.

Not sure how much to do or what to do?

I know it sounds like excuses but that is how I feel.

Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I started off just walking in the park near my home, my neighbor started with just walking up our street and then back down again. It can be a little scary no matter how much you have to loose if you havent done it in a long time. after walking a few days a week i added short stints of jogging, and later i would stop do a few excercises then back to walking, I borrowed my sons MP3 player (hubby finally got me my own when they went on sale).

I did notice though after awhile that if I didnt go at least every other day, If i skipped two or three days i would actually feel the need like a craving to go for a walk, at first i hated it but then i found that it was my time to get away and have a clear head without little people talking to me lol, look at it as a mental health break not as excercise and it will get you moving in no time :) Start out simple then add as you go :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I like to go walking early in the morning. It's cooler and I feel better equipped to start the day. Start small add a little each day. If you are really scared then talk to your doctor first.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Start off slow, know your limit, walking is a good start, like it was mentioned start by walking up and down your street until you get stronger and seek advice from your doctor first.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• See your doctor. If he says you are healthy, then get involved . Slowly at first but get up and move. I am 67 but I go to Yoga and do the treadmill and I haven't dropped dead yet. LOL. As time goes by you will feel better and better!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009