Does anyone take any diet pills that work?

I see the commercials everyday, but I was wondering if anyone had first-hand experiences? Good or bad.

Bernie19

Asked by Bernie19 at 1:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• this coming from an RN they will damage your liver its a proven fact,not some but all because they are working at a non normal speed.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My husband has tried EVERY one out there.

His WALLET is thinner. He did NOT get thinner till he got off the pills and started exercising and eating sensibly. There is NO substitute.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• They were all taken off the market years ago.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• There is no effective diet pill on the market prescription or not that will work with out a change of diet and exercize. Trust the RN and the pharmacy tech.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 1:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to & maintain a healthy weight, & set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle. Every day: Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water, eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.), eat 7-8 servings of fruits & vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors, eat at least 2 servings of legumes (beans, tofu, lentils, etc.) You will get to and maintain a healthy weight, get sick less often, have more energy, be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans & recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of veggie before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• you have to diet and exercise also, but mega-t green tea pills worked for me. they sped up the loosing weight process, and they also gave me the energy to work out.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have never read a review of any diet pill that didn't include major health risks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My friend at work has used Alli and lost 40 pounds. She hasn't had the side effects they say you will have unless she eats something really fatty. If she knows she is going to do that she doesn't take the pill
    nonna2

Answer by nonna2 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• wait, so i shouldn't take any diet pill? it wont help? because i try working out and eating fairly healthy but the results are sooo slow to notice a difference. i had a baby 5 months ago and feel like a whale.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes there is one that does work but it's not on shelves in stores. It's a prescription. It's easiest to look for weight loss clinics in your area or near your area to get on them. Just google "Bariatric clinics near (wherever you live)"
    This is how I found one. First, you have to be over weight at least a little bit. They have pills called Phentermine (generic Adipex) and another less potent kind called Bontril. There's also a phentermine group here on Cafemom if you need more information. It costs me about 175 for phentermine every 2 months but it's worth it. I lost 5 or more pounds every month on it. You can even lose more with exercise and eating right, but I wasn't doing that and still lost a lot of weight. It's MUCH better to though if you do. I've lost about 30 lbs so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009