Do the people in your family make their beds?

Just curious about how many people make their beds daily. My family does not. I don't, I don't have my kid do it. I mean...if he wanted to, fine, but my thought is, the only time I am in my room is when I am sleeping...so if the next thing I am going to do is sleep, why make the bed? (again, this is just MY personal stance...and I was also never 'made' to make the bed when I was a kid...so it's not something I feel I 'need' to do, or anything)

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 1:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always make beds LOL
    JUst because I hate the way it looks messy . LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i do mine,if my son actually uses his bed i do his too.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I make mine, and I also make my DD (she isnt quite 2 yet lol) IF we are having company so that it will look nice when they come. But other than that I see no point.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We all do in our house. Not on a daily basis, but as often as possible. I WAS raised to make my bed everyday. My grandpa was in the military so it became something that was just expected. However, I don't do like my grandma did, and check the sheets for wrinkles, and make sure they're tucked in correctly. That's just too much. I ask the kids to make their beds so that our house is always presentable if we get unexpected company. I just feel better when our guests can show up and we don't have to run around picking up things quickly to hide them in the closet. Thats just my outlook on it.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yea right. I'm the one who makes the beds. I make mine, and unless I get ugly everyone's bed is a hot mess. (Needless to say I get ugly on a daily basis =^))
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 2:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No, we don't. LOL. We don't have a comforter big enough for our bed (a king size bed) so it would look silly. I tell my oldest DD to but she doesn't always remember. And my youngest, well... even if her bed is made, it isn't for very long!
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I do and my 22 yr old does as well...my 16 yr old does not and my 18 yr is in a dorm now and form some reason has decided to make hers daily, she never did before! must be her 2 room mates that have her changed, lol
    ( my 4 yr old out grew his toddler bed and sleeps with me now so his bed is my bed )
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I make mine because I usually fold laundry on it. LOL. But, I don't make my son's until I put him back in it at night.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• if i'm cleaning upstairs i will b/c to dust and vacum and not make the beds drives me crazy. but otherwise nope, it just annoys my husband anyways b/c he doesn't use covers i do so he has to pull them out and put them on my side of the bed before he can sleep otherwise i'll wake him up tearing me out from under him. or he'll pass out on the decorative pillows which then drives me nuts b/c i can't get to my reg pillows. so i have to rush up before he goes to bed if he's that tired and unmake it anyways otherwise i won't be comfy
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I never make mine. Unless I have someone coming over. I don't make my kids, either, but since we are living her with MIL (to help HER out) she has been making the kids do it, because she does. (They are in her part of the house)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009