Do you think the debate now is really about health care?

Or is it that most of us are just really tired of getting screwed by the government?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's both. I think a lot of people were not paying attention to the crap Bush passed through. Then when people started paying attention, I say bout when the recession began. A lot of people were taken back by the crap that was going on. Then Elections came the people did not want another 4 years of Bush, a man with the best campaign slogan in YEARS swept people off their feet, but it is showing true that politicians will always be politicians. We don't want this country destroyed we are afraid HCR is going to be the straw that broke the camels back and we are saying our part now to stop it. I also believe a lot of people were scared to stand up. The time has come for the People to take it back and show the government who's boss.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree with Crissy
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Both!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Ok, people couldn't get another 4 years of Bush whether they wanted to or not. McCain wasn't Bush. He never tried to be. That is just the lock-step party line. Quit beating that dead horse. No matter how hard you beat the dead horse, in the end, you still have a dead horse. Bush wasn't running for president!

As far as health care, we are tired of being told something is wrong when it wasn't until the Clintons said it was. This was never an argument until their co-presidency. It has become  a a project that is to be shoved down our throats in the name of "compassion for the helpless" when in actuality, it is a trick to get the population more dependent on the state. They already have the PA recipients. Now they need the people who are more independent and harder to wrangle.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• * jesse123456
    I just want to clarify. I wasn't saying that is how I felt, it is just what was said during that time. Most brought up McCain's voting record saying it was in sync with Bush, So I was just referring it to the accusations and mind set of that time. So I should have put Bush in quotations.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Both. I want healthcare reform. But I think we need to start with reforming the programs we have. Then move onto taking the Special Interest groups OUT of our government and really look at what we can do FOR THE PEOPLE (tort reform, lower costs, pre-existing conditions, etc). I am tired of politicians relying on special interest groups and listening to them first.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Does anybody understand the difference between Universal Health Care and Universal Health Insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think the healthcare reform was the "straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak, but it's more than just that. It's about government control, government spending, and this administration's tactics of ramming bills through without giving the public a chance to research it or Congress a chance to even read that blasted thing. Most people, even those who didn't vote for Obama, were willing to give this new administration a chance, but I think they saw pretty quickly that this administration was like any other one, so there was a huge "let down" as well, which probably added to the fervor. I think Obama underestimated the American people and overestimated his own influence over them.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009