When would you start...?

With my DD I started walking and having sex (to induce labor) 2 days before my due date. When I finally started that I was making progress, not alot but started loosing my mucous plug and I dialated to almost a 1. Well I was induced when I was 2 days over due with her. And now that I am pregnant with number two I am wondering when I should start walking, ect to hopefully have him earlier. Im due new years and would like to have him early for tax purposes lol, I will wait if I have to but it would be a nice break.

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well from what i've heard the second comes earlier ( i was induced early w/my second but started dilating a whole lot earlier w/him than i did w/her). and if you are already chasing around an older child you're pretty much doing the walking etc you would want to do to induce labor.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Why don't you just talk with your doctor about inducing you on the 30th. Most doctors are pretty cool about things like that. I would start your walking and what not when i found out that i was preggo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i had a preemie and trust me that is not something you should be wishing for.i dont think the walking and having sex even is true(didnt work for any of my friends) if God wants the baby born jan 2 you can have all the sex you want and run 1 mile everyday that baby aint coming till the 2nd.lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• oh trust me...I am definately not wanting him to come TOO early just a day or two would be nice.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I jumped on my nephews trampoline and started walking.. Then my mother and I had a steak dinner and the next day my water broke. lol I don't blame it on the trampoline I blame it on the steak..
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 3:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• jokingly or not, trying to have your baby early for tax purposes is stupid and selfish. just let your baby come when HE wants, not when you want. and nothing will work unless baby is ready. and since your first didn't come until after your due date, and an induction, i'm guessing that this one will wait too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009