So no more?

No More dumb Obama speech posts, until we see it on Tuesday okay?

Funding of Bush Speech Draws Fire; Democrat Calls Education Broadcast Paid Political Advertising'
The Democratic critics accused [Barbara Bush] of turning government money for education to his own political use, namely, an ongoing effort to inoculate himself against their charges of inattention to domestic issues. The speech at Alice Deal Junior High School, broadcast live on radio and television, urged students to study hard, avoid drugs and turn in troublemakers.
David T. Kearns] defended the $26,750 expenditure, calling the messages that Bush conveyed to schoolchildren "an important part of the mission entrusted by statute" to the department. An administration official said the costs covered lighting, taping and transmitting the speech via satellite. A videotape will be provided to the White House for deposit in the National Archives, the official said.

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Rep. Martin Frost (D-Tex.) said that if Bush feels obliged to use government funds to hire outside consultants "to make him look good," then he should fire some of the public relations experts on the White House payroll. "Then the president might be more sympathetic to unemployment benefits," Frost said, referring to Bush's threat to veto legislation to extend benefits.

Washington Post Link

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• How long did Bush, Sr.'s speech last? I bet it wasn't an hour. How do you propose I get my 6th graders to sit still for an hour to listen to this speech? K-8 will be unruly in 20 minutes and high schoolers will put their Ipods in and go to sleep or spend the time texting. BO has no clue what he is doing. This is such a waste of the school day.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

How do you get your kid to sit? Send him or her to school.

Waste of time? If only 50 kids remember his speech, stay in school, work hard and become sucessful, its not a waste of time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• A waste of time is the amount of energy and anger about this. Maybe some moms should be spending time with their kids instead of arguing on CM about topic.
    See ya, there are better things to do with my time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I heard they will release the text of Obama's speech on Monday. So I will promise no more posts until Monday! :-) I am curious to see and hear what he has to say. If it is only a "stay in school, stay off drugs" speech, I don't really have a problem with it. We'll see.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2009