does anyone else have a MIL that wont stop judging everything you do?

its not like this is new - but suddenly she WILL NOT let up! everything I do is horribly wrong and I should be sent to hell for it - I just need to know im not the only one who gets those eyes and rude coments that make you wish you didnt exist -ahhhhh why do i let her bother me!!!! and how do i make it stop!!!

leapyear

Asked by leapyear at 2:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is more common than not. You absolutely are not the only one.

Our remedy is to not talk to her for a while. In fact, we didn't talk for a few years. She's changed as a result.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No your not the only one with a MIL from the underworld.. Mine called children services on me after 1 day of being home from the hospital. She made snude remarks to me about my dd before she was even born. So out of spite I named her Baylee. lol I understand what ur going through..
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If you know that you are doing everything for your family and in your life then that's all that matters. My MIL has no room to talk, I listen to what she has to say and what i don't agree with ges in one ear and out the other. Keep your head held high and let it go. Or you can have a chat with her and find out what the hell her problem is. Good Luck and keep your head up.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I made a decidion that will devastate her.. My daughter has only seen her once and will never see her again. That breaks my heart to do that but.. I have to do what's right for my daughter. My soon to be ex is mad about it.
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You want to know what makes me sad? I was blessed at one time to be married to a man whose mother never gave a rats behind about us. We saw each other here and there and she was just not into being a mother in law. My mom on the other hand whew! She married my dad in 1955, I was born in 69 and grandma died in 1980 and I STILL HAVE TO HEAR about how horrible moms MIL was. I feel bad for my mom but wow, to have my mom still complain54 years later and my grandma has been dead for 29 years? Eeek, all I can say is I feel sorry for you but please don't do what my mom has done. She forgets where she left her cane but boy does she remember Oct. 12, 1957! Don't let it get to you.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• no but I have a mother-in-law that needs to mind her own F******n business
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i used to have that problem when me and hubby first got married and right before.. and since we moved pretty far away and i hadnt talked to her for awhile me and her get along great but maaann when we were living with her i was being judged eeevvery single day for every little thing or i got that whole " your pathetic and worthless" look.. haha used to really tick me off.... but you know time and space makes everything better and being honest and comfortable with eachother helps to.. maybe telling her you feel like that might make her realize it a little more and she might let up???
    my mil isnt the type to talk about things like that shes a very "professional" person lol she doesnt like emotional convos...
    instead of her now its my fil that hates me and his own son for moving out and becoming self sufficient just cause he didnt wanna here mil cry when we left.... we dont talk to him at all ne more..
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 6:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Mine used to be like that ... but then she saw that my methods were working and her first grandchild was growing into a very intelligent, polite, loving little boy. After that (and the fact that I kept bringing her pictures even though she lives 100 yards away) she let up quite a bit. She even got OVER her feelings of inadequacy because she couldn't BF her sons and I DID BF my son for 15 1/2 months at a great cost in pain from chronic health conditions.

Our relationship has gotten better over the years. I used to complain to my hubby on a regular basis about her judging me. I don't know if he ever talked to her about it, but I do know that once my son started growing and showing his personality, she relaxed a LOT. She even corrects people who think my son looks JUST like his daddy and tells them that his face comes more from my side of the family ... and his hair is 100% from ME.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Wow, someone else out there that has a nasty MIL!!! I finally told mine off about a month ago because I was sick and tired of hearing about how lazy I was and what a horrible mother I was!! It hasn't changed her, but at least my hubby is now fed up to the point that he really doesn't want anything to do with her. (It only took him ten years to get to this point, whew!!)
    BadMommie

Answer by BadMommie at 8:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Mine is horrible, but I just ignore most of what she does, unless it has to do with my kids. Oh and we have talked about it and of course she doesn't see that she is doing anything wrong or offensive. My DH doesn't even like to be around her!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2009