Am I going to get over this?

I didn't have the baby blues when my son was born, but now that he's turning a year old, I just can't seem to be happy about it or anything else. I'm proud of my son and how far he's come and I love him to pieces I'm just having a hard time with him turning a year and its really affecting me.

RoRoMommy

Asked by RoRoMommy at 2:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well all I can really say is before my son turned one which was last month I cried everytime I thought about it and a few times on his bday and after...lol its an emotional time knowing that your baby is growing up and theres nothing you can do to stop it or keep him this little innocent thing he is now. I can tell you now that he's been 1 almost a month its awesome I'm so excited everyday because he's starting to walk and do all kinds of new things and I jsut htink about how I can't wait to see him grow more and more...good luck!!
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Baby blues can hit within the first year (I think even beyond, but I don't rememeber how long) if you are feeling very down I would talk to your doctor..... it's such a fun time to feel down and depressed you want to be happy so you can enjoy it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'm right there with you. Every time that I think about my little man getting bigger i can't breath. I want to keep everything just the way it is and would prefer that he grew backwards. I don't necessarily want another baby i just want to do the last almost 2 years(the time i was pregnant and the first almost year of his life) with him all over again. I don't know if it's going to get better but i understand.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2009