Do you think some women provoke their men to be abusive

I know a young mom of 4 who has a strong personality. She lives with with the dad of 3 of her kids. She does as she pleases and goes away for a weekend or 2 anytime as she pleases. When he comes home from work and the house and kids are dirty and hungry, she leaves for happy hour dressed to the nines!!
Her attitude to him is...."hey they are your kids you need to take care of them". She does what ever she wants without consideration to how her bf feels, he gets mad and well he has hit her. I know it is wrong to hit..period but when a woman can't take care of her kids even though she is sahm then wants to go out all the time telling the dad they are his kids get over it I have a life to live......Just like some men deserve to get kick in the love sack

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont think men deserve a kick in the nuts, but i do believe some women and men, just love drama and dont mind starting it and will pick at a little problem just to start a fight.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• sounds like he should take the kids and leave. There is NEVER an excuse to hit another person...but he should do something about her.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• In a way, yes. Some women just aggrevate their husbands enough to where it results to abuse but at the same time the husband does have a choice on how he handles his frustration with his wife. You CAN control your anger. Don't let it control you.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No, that does NOT deserve violence. He needs to grow a BRAIN and take the kids and GO.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think people like to put all the blame on the guy when I know for a fact that some women provoke it. It takes two people to fight and it's always the guy that ends up in trouble. I personally said something very bad to my husband and he went into a violent rage. I take full blame because I shouldn't have said what I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

___
    Are you kidding me?

You honestly think that you deserve the violence because of something you said?

Yes, it takes two people to FIGHT as in argue. But violence is a persons choice. Fighting doesn't equal violence.

So, NO. Women don't provoke men to be abusive. Men choose to be abusive.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I know my husband's ex was enough to provoke anyone to violence. She was lazy, manipulative, would strike him and scratch him. He never hit back. She ended up taking the kids and leaving.

I think in answer to the OP, this man should take his children and file for divoce and full custody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• In this particular case, no, he didn't have a right to hit her, but he should leave with the kids. BUT, unlike Cavalry, I do believe some women can provoke it. For instance, I was witness to a woman who when her husband tried to walk away started hitting him and blocking his path, he finally pushed her against a wall and walked past her. Believe it or not, this was still considered abuse. Oh, and this was after he got a $600 phone bill from her having a relationship with some guy in another state. So, I definately DO believe that a woman CAN provoke it. I just don't feel that this woman DID provoke that reaction.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• me and my bf fight...if he hits me ...im hitting him back. thats what goes on here. i dont go crying OMG! MY BF HIT ME WAHHHH IM IN AN ABUSED RELATIONSHIP...especially after what i said OR did to him. sometimes i have a mouth on me...and i swear sometimes yes i deserve a smack! so yes i think some women provoke it..because i will admit that i do sometimes. pretty much i think if your gonna get hit by your own bf... you desreved it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• There is never an excuse for someone to hit their partner. If he doesnt like her attitude and the shit she does than he should leave her.
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 9:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009