Does it make me a bad person?

Does it make me a bad person if my MIL called children services on me after 1 day of being home from the hospital after having my daughter. She had only seen my dd 1 time. After that call was made and a social worker showed up at my door I made a decision to never let my MIL see her again. What should I do? Did I do the right thing for me and my DD? My DD is now 14 weeks old. Now I'm starting to question my decisions i've made up until this point.

babygirl52709

Asked by babygirl52709 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think you are doing the right thing, HIS MOTHER CALLED CPS ON YOU, THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, WRONGFULLY!!

i know my SO would be livid if he mother did that.it was wrong for her to make accusations against you that were not true.

she didnt just say bad stuff about you, she CALLED AN AGENCY ON YOU FOR NOTHING!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• wth why did she call cps on you??
    if the charges were bogus and nothing happened, i wouldnt talk to her either. i wouldnt let her see my daughter either. stick with your guns, a person like that, why would you want you or your daughter to be around such a negative person??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I saw your answer to another question. I would be very careful, if you're getting a divorce, you probably won't be able to control whether your ex allows his mother to see your daughter. I don't know why she would call cps on you, but if her charges were unfair, I would get a good lawyer for your divorce.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my daughter was 4 days old she told them I was starving her.. Are you kidding me she weighs 15 pounds and 6 ounces now... The charges were crap. There were no findings.. My soon to be ex is ticked off cause I threatened him with if he ever takes her over there he won't see her again. From day 1 he stuck by his mom which is why i filed for a divorce. Isn't the other half supposed to sitck by you?
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have a very good and very expensive attorney. He was my mom's when she was diivorcing my dad and he was trying to take her through the ringer.. My mom won and got sole custody.
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• yes, he should stick by you. you are his wife, you are the mother of his child.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I really cant say who he should stick by. I understand why he would choose her...its his mom, but I also see why he should choose you. I think before you go threw with all this you should all sit down together and see if you can peacfully work something out.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• the point is my daughter was 4 DAYS old.
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It all sounds pretty fishy to me. I think that you need to stay the hell away from your ex-MIL and for your ex you can't really not deal with him but keep your eyes open and make sure he is treating your DD good also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree with Mikayla_lynn.

I think you should all sit down as adult's and discuss how you can all get along. What needs to happen. What you can all tolerate. And what is not acceptable. Put it all in writing, and don't go in with the mentality that it all has to be your way. She is his daughter too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2009