If you send naked pictures to somebody and they post them on the internet and send them to everyone you know, can you get that pereson in trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Only if you were under 18 when the picture were taken.

I have to ask: why would you do something so stupid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• As Anon said, only if you were a minor when they were taken. When you send someone a picture they can do whatever they like with it. The only photos that are protected like that are professionally taken ones so if these shots were taken by a professional photographer they could go after them but probably wouldn't bother unless they were making a profit.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think you can only get them in trouble if the pictures are of a minor, or if the pictures are taken by a professional photographer (alot of times they have disclaimers about not reproducing their pictures). Otherwise the person can do whatever they want with them....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Thanks ladies!!! Anon, I don't know why she would do something so stupid, but as long as my friends aren't going to get busted for sending the pics out, I don't care! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Actually it depends on the state, and she could sue for harrassment in both criminal and civil court. Shame on you and your friend.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 8:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You wouldn't be saying that if you knew the situation lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009