WHAT DOES SPREADING THE GOSPEL DO?

I KNOW THAT CHRISTIANS AND OTHERS FEEL THE NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD OF GOD, BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO DON''T WANT TO HEAR IT? DO YOU THINK IT CAUSES A POSITIVE EFFECT ON PEOPLE WHO HATE HEARING HOW YOUR WAY OR THE BIB LE'S WAY IS THE ONLY WAY?
WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER SOMEONE WITH DIFFERENT BELEIVES TO TELL THEM, IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU FINE, INSTEAD OF YOUR WRONG AND WILL NOT BE SAVED.

Asked by older at 8:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE IN THE LINE OF FIRE AGAIN. LOL. AS FOR ME, AS A CHRISTIAN, I LOVE TO SHARE GOD WITH OTHERS, AND YEAH,I COME ACROSS MANY WHO DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, MAINLY ON HERE,BUT FOR THE MOST PART, I'VE LEARNED WHO TO TALK TO ABOUT IT,AND WHO NOT TO. DOESN'T STOP ME FROM PRAYING FOR EVERYONE. IN FACT, THERE IS A PERSON WHO I'VE MADE MY PRAYER PROJECT. AND, I'M JUST TRUSTING GOD ON THIS ONE INDIVIDUAL,AND WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. HAVE A GREAT DAY,SWEETIE. LOVE YA!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• For me I only share with people who I know would be interested in know more about the gospel, I do let others know what I believe, and don't "shove" it at them. I have a friend from high school that just caught up with recently and he knows I am a believer in Jesus, he is not. I don't force it on him though, just live my life as I am by example.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• in other words, why can't xtians (and others? what others?) ignore the Great Commission(matt 28:16-20), and just live and let live? we have an entire world of complacent xtians..just a few are actually following the instruction to share the gospel with the world. to the detriment of the cause, some of them have what are called 'extreme' methods. those who don't want to hear, will always hate it, no matter how soft a path is tread.
    i wouldn't keep beating a dead horse to someone who preferred not to hear. in fact, the scripture tells us not to. but we are instructed to 'go and tell' first.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LEAVE so you don’t surround yourself with it.

You're funny. I was supposed to quit my job and go on welfare? I suppose we should probably sell our house for a huge loss, too, since you can't even go to the grocery store without someone proselytizing here.

That's like blaming the rape victim for not running fast enough.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO DON''T WANT TO HEAR IT? What about those who don't want to read your homosexual post over and over again?

DO YOU THINK IT CAUSES A POSITIVE EFFECT ON PEOPLE WHO HATE HEARING HOW YOUR WAY OR THE BIB LE'S WAY IS THE ONLY WAY?
    Do you think your repeated post have a positive effect on people who hate hearing repeated post?

**to answer you question, no it has no effect what so ever which is why I don't do it***
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Did you guys ever think that maybe when the bible says "go and tell" that it was because Christianity was a new religion when it was written and not many people around the world knew the story of Christ?

Guess what? NOW everyone knows about it! If we went to learn more or convert, it's VERY easy and we know how! (There's 3 freaking churches within walking distance of my house!) You don't need to spread anymore! LOL
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• ANON 9:22, DID YOU HAVE VINEGAR FOR BREAKFAST THIS MORNING? YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SKIP RIGHT THROUGH THOSE POST YOU DISLIKE SO MUCH BUT YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THEM DON'T YOU? SO YOU CAN HAVE A REASON TO COMPLAIN, RIGHT? USE YOUR HEAD AND YOUR OPTIONS! SIMPLE!

AND BY THE WAY THOSE POST HAVE OPENED HEARTS AND MINDS TO THE SUBJECT SO YES MY APPROACH WORKS, INFORM THE MISINFORMED.

Answer by older at 9:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• ANON IT IS HILARIOUS ISN'T IT?

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• first of all I am not the other anon, but yea Older i figured you would get mad about the TRUTH LOL

You are to follow one set of rules while everyone else must follow the other set of rules. If my replies to your post bother you , please feel free to pass right on by them :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

rolling on floor

I 2nd that LOL

rolling on floor

Anonymous