• In the Spotlight:

Do you think that more and more First Time Moms are quiting their jobs after retuning from maternity leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am not surprised by it, and think it's best for moms to stay home with their babies. Why have them to put them in a daycare full-time? I cannot imagine working and spending 50+ hours a week away from my child and spending $200 a week for the daycare. I am surprised that anyone can afford to do that. If you eliminate car payments, frivolous expenses, and live within your means, it is very possible to live on one paycheck. It takes a lot of budget tightening, and sometimes moving and giving up things you really like, but it's worth it.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have no clue but if that's the trend then good for them. Babies need their mommies at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I doubt it in this economy. More people have to work just to make ends meet. Besides, there's nothing wrong wtih a working mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I've seen it happen. I've heard more than one say this economy is one the reasons they stay home. They can't afford to pay $400 or more a month to a daycare center.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have no idea. What do the stats say??
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2009