did you hear about the about man who slapped a lady's baby in walmart ?

to shut the baby up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It was posted extensively here, but do you have any follow up on what, if anything happened, after his arrest? The last I heard about it, he was being held without bond on charges of first-degree cruelty to a child. I really hope they threw the book at him. NOBODY has the right to hit someone else's child for anything--let alone a perfect stranger in a store!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• why does all of this kind of stuff happen in, on or around walmarts? moms dragging their children out of stores by their ankles, children and teens being abducted from stores and parking lots, people stampeding over one another to get a great deal on something they likely don't or can afford anyway, and so on!

i avoid walmart at all costs, it's evil on so many fronts! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Tempers are running short these days, but babies cry--that's what they do! Most parents try their best to shop when their children are going to be pleasant, but there are times when it just doesn't work that way. They shouldn't have to get a babysitter when they go to the store just to make sure somebody with anger management issues won't assualt their baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yes! First of all is is not surprising at all that this happened at a wal-mart! Second of all, my first reaction is that if anyone touched my child I would beat the living crap out of them but then after I thought about..... I think Id be so shocked that I wouldn't be able to react, plus violence plus more violence never makes anything better. I wonder if this old guy was suffering from dementia or something? Anyway this world really needs to start practicing their yoga so everyone can calm the heck down lol.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The girl, identified in the report as Paige Mathews, 2, was not injured, but did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released, the report said.

CBS Atlanta spoke with Mathews by phone Wednesday morning.

She said she forgives the man who slapped her daughter and says he must have mental issues.

Stephens was charged with cruelty with children in the first degree, which is a felony. He is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yes, my hubby told me about it. I was surprised the women didn't gouge his eyes out, but perhaps she was in shock at what was happening. I think the man probably has mental health issues.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 3:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009