Is it legal to play the play the music loud in your vehicle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• most cities do have noise ordance laws, all you have to do it go to your counties web page, link onto to it and somewhere you will be able to find what the ordances are for noise in and out of city limits. I've done this. It's actually very interesting. In my city, the noise "laws" are by decible, and they give examples of noise lever. No the police won't do anything unless a citizen complains, or you are unable to hear an emergency vehicles siren (people do get tickets for that).
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Not if it can be heard outside the vehicle. It's violation of noise ordinance and a great way for your city to make extra money by fining you every time they catch you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• it's a car....not a nightclub! lolololo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't know if it is or not-but I'm more rural so I do it-if my girls aren't in the car. Plus I'm legally deaf in one ear with limited hearing in the other-I have to play it louder to hear it.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 9:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Not unless you violate the disturbing the peace law, which usually starts at 10 pmin most areas, AND it usually requires a complaint.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Depends on where you live.

Here, we are outside the city limits and only have to go by state laws. I don't think there is a state wide noise ordinance. Unfortunately, since we have an annoying guy in a big truck who drives by here with his music very loud, at all hours of the night and day...

In most cities they allow noise up to a certain level before a certain time. You would have to look up your cities laws.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Loud is one thing. Shaking the windows of my house while you sit in my neighbors front yard..BAD. (true story) I just don't understand (if its loud, windows down, bass pumping) why some people think OTHER people want to hear THEIR music! Rude.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Run a test. Play it loud on the side of a cop car. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• This is a local ordinance. Depends on where you live.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't know but it is really really annoyng. WOuldn't you lose some of your hearing also? Whenever I am driving and a car is nearby with the music so loud you can hear the bass thudding away, you can be 99% sure the person driving the car looks like an idiot. @@ I don't want to be in their vicinity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2009