how many mommas here have had or had a close family or friend with berats cancer and what have you done towards the cure for breast cancer?

mari2120

Asked by mari2120 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• im sorry breast and ive had two sister and one aunt and 2 have since passed and im thinking of doing the walk for breast cancer in ny on october
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My aunt, mtysister in law both had breast cancer We contribute to the Walk and my SIL did a marathon last spring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• both of my grandmas & an aunt both had it & survived it. one of my grandmas had to have a mastectomy & has been a surviver for almost 20 years. my sister-IL's mom is currently battling it & it looks like she is winning!

i dont help as much as i should. i buy stuff that has the pink label on it so some of my purchase goes towards research. i want to do the walk, but im so outta shape i dont think i would get very far.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Buying items with the pink ribbon is meaningless!!

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my mom and I are the only women in my family that haven't had it. (she's got 4 sisters)

I do the weekend to end breast cancer - 60k walk every summer. raise $2000 and walk. this was my 5th year

I am also doing the 200k ride to conquer cancer next year - but that will be in honor of my FIL who died from brain cancer.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my grandmother passed away from Breast Cancer, I donate money every year, I always buy supportive products, and I used to run every year but where I live now they don't have it :(
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't have anyone in my family nor any close friends who have dealt with BC. But because it is such a huge issue for women, I decided to do the 3Day 60 mile Susan G. Komen for the Cure walkathon last November. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the experience was fantastic and it was for such a great cause. It's something I am very proud of.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My Great Grandma died from breast cancer, my Grandma beat cancer twice, my Mother, and 3 of my Aunts beat it. I give $ every chance I get, have done 1 walk (my area does not really have anything) And I buy off the breast cancer web site every chance I get.
    McMullenMomma

Answer by McMullenMomma at 5:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2009