Would you buy beer for a minor?

My 17 year old cousin asked me to buy her beer so she could have a party (her mom was ok with her drinking but wouldnt buy it for her) i told her no an she got pissed at me! Im not going to buy beer for a bunch of minors an risk having someone call the cops on them an someone saying i bought it! So i refused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good for you!  I wouldn't do it either.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Already done.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If her mom is ok with her drinking, then she should provide the beverages for her daughter. But in any case YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!!!! She is still a child and some one has to fight for her childhood. Drinking is trying to grow up too fast rather than ENJOYING your youth while you can!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My mom and dad would buy me and my sibling beer when we where younger but only for us!! We where arounf 18 19 and it would be at family parties. If we invited friends to come over we where NOT allowed. Now my lil sisand i are like 3 years apart and we are super super close but to this day I refuse to buy her beer if she isn't staying my house drinking we me.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• In Europe, minors can but beer for their parents at any bar. I have actually seen a 14 year old do that. Sometimes i wonder ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You did the right thing!! There is no way in hell I would ever buy any alcohol for minors! You can get in a mess of trouble and be held responsible if anything happens. If her mom thinks underage drinking is ok and allows it - then SHE should be the one risking everything and providing it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Good job. There is no way I would let under age kids drink at my house--or anywhere,actually. Let them wait until they are 21. Why are kids so in a hurry to "grow up". They think its cool to drink and act "grownup" but they are really showing how immature and dumb they are. You CAN have fun without drinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Nope. No way, no how.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I did when my brother was 19-20... and serving in the Military when he came home I bought beer for him.

I figure if he can put his life on the line for our freedoms he can drink a beer.

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Only a moron would buy for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2009