How safe are we now? Are we safe from harm since Obama took office?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sj91NH5fvw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• quite the opposite!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Ask the National security advisor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'd like to know just how we could be safer now. I know my opinion and that is that we will be hit before Obamas 4 yrs are up. His playing nice, nice sure hasn't done anything to stop Iran or N Korea to stop making nuclear weapons.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• if we're not attacked by the time Obama leaves office (2013), then I predict we will be attacked soon after, and whomever replaces Obama will be held 100% responsible, especially if they are a Republican! You know, just like how Clinton turned the other cheek while he was in office, and essentially "set-up" Bush to take the fall for his incompetence in foreign affairs, which resulted in 9/11?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I think we are less safe because we are in a war in Iraq that has raised a lot of anger at us throughout the world. Our presence there has created hatred and anger of us that was not there previously, and I think that we will be dealing with it long after 2016, long long after.

My parents were in Europe right before the elections, and the idea that America, after two terms of Bush, would possibly elect a black man was of great interest to the Europeans. They were told that it gave the rest of the world some hope for us.

Many may not care what Europe thinks of us, but world opinion has a large part of who is looking to destroy the American way and hurt American citizens both at home and abroad at any given time.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yep, I know what ya mean Lori.

Lilim I think that is a good point about people who are looking to destroy Americans at home and abroad.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We are NOT safe, this is going to be a disaster. one of two things needs to happen 1 Obama tell the truth and tell us his true Agenda (because it is NOT protecting us) or 2 Obama wakes the Fuck up and starts addressing these people and making it very clear this shit is not going to be tolerated. Obama is making us sitting ducks!

Chavez is on an 11-day tour that has taken him to Libya, Algeria, Syria and Iran. The leftist Venezuelan leader is also to visit Belarus, Russia and Spain in the trip he has described as a bid to build a "multi-polar world" and counter U.S. influence.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• There is no chance that we will ever be safe as long as we keep on bombing innocent people and inciting our enemies to rise up against us. Every innocent person we kill leaves behind a legacy of hatred for us, and builds sympathy and support for those who want us dead. Those who support the death penalty should understand this--what if somebody killed your child, or a loved one? What if they kept on killing your kind?

This is called "blowback" and it is very real--and it's why 9/11 happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009