crib?

Hello there! Long time no post...Well, my dd is now 5 months old. lately when I wake her up in the morn, she's in all kinds of crazy positions, today she was on her stomach!!!! So, whats the deal with crib bumpers? When do I take them out? Also, when can she have a blanket? I'm worried about winter......Anyhoo...hope all is well with everyone!

clransom

Asked by clransom at 9:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids all had blankets from the start (from swaddling) and it's ok if she's on her tummy. Bumbers should come out when they start to pull up (there is a risk that they could used the bumber to "stand on" and fall out. )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I can't really say much cause I always had a blanket in my kids crib even the basinet. I heard you are supose to take them out when they start pulling themselves up cause they can use that as a step to get out I don't know if it is true but I always took them out by that time my oldest was ok but my youngest achually she would wake up screaming I would run to her room her little leg would be stuck in the bars I would have to pinch her little leg to get it back through her leg would be could probably from no blood cerculation from her leg being stuck so I think I would keep it in there as long as I could.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter is almost 12 months and we still use a bumper- I tried taking it out 2 different times but she didn't sleep well at all, even though we left it out for a couple of weeks. She's never climbed on top of them and fallen out.

We also had a blanket from day one.

At 5 months if she's turning herself onto her stomach then it's just fine to leave her there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We had blanket paranoia too. If she is able to turn herself, and use her hands to hold things or push them away, I think she is ready for blanket! As for the bumpers, we have never taken them out.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We never took the bumpers out until we moved them to the regular bed.

Ours had blankets from the very beginning.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009