how do you clean your basement??

i am renting an older house with a basement. it stinks sooooo bad down there. the laundry hookups are down there so i go every few days and im sick of it. if it rains too much there is always water on the ground, and the drain where the washer empties into is slow running so we get water on the floor from that too. so i know there is mold and mildew all over the floor, and cobwebs everywhere, and bugs ugh! any suggestions on what i can do to make feel more homey when i go do my laundry. what should i clean the floors with?? and the drain?? i hate being grossed out while cleaning the clothes ya know. the rest of the house is great. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Bleach.

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• hey I need to know this one. My house is really nice and clean and everything just the basement when it rains leaks and there are spiders and webs down there and I hate spiders the basement has mold and mildew on the floors I wont go down there without shoes on (I do my laundry down there too) and I need to get it cleaned I don't know what to use either
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If you own the house you can buy this paint type stuff that seals the walls. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and ask them what to use. Or spend a lot of money to get some one to dig out around your foundation of your home and seal the basement from the out side.

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009