White pride

why is ok to be black and proud or hispanic and proud but if your white and proud your a racist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• popcornI'm not even gonna attempt to answer this one. I'm just going to sit back and watch the fireworks......

Good luck with this question!

Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I can see the fireworks coming, but I suppose that it is because white people are more widely known for slavery. Question: Why didn't any BLACK people who were capturing/selling/buying/trading and dealing in slave have to suffer any consequence. White people weren't the only ones taking advantage of slavery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I am proud of the things I accomplish in life, not the skin color I had no control over.

I didn't do anything to become white and I didn't have to overcome any obstacles because I am white ...so where does the pride come in?

The Black Pride movement was started at an extremely volatile time in our history. Black people (and other minorities) were , to put it kindly, treated extremely unfairly. They had to overcome the majority trying to segregate them, trying to push them out of the schools, trying to make them inferior....

.I'm not sure why this question keeps coming up. What is so hard to understand about the history of our country?

You want something to be proud of? Raise your kids right, accomplish something in life, get an education, write a book....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• im who posted

do you think black pride is bcause of th color or there skin? no it's the accomplisments and struggles. you really think white people have never had struggles.I have a son and dont want him growing up thinking it is bad to be white.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's the heritage that people are proud of, not the color. Hispanics are usually not proud of being hispanic as much as being proud of being Puerto Rican, or Mexican, or Columbian, or whatever culture they come from. Just like Irish are proud of being Irish, German decendants are proud of being german etc. Not a race thing, but a heritage thing.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• do you think black pride is bcause of th color or there skin? no it's the accomplisments and struggles. you really think white people have never had struggles.I have a son and dont want him growing up thinking it is bad to be white.

Why would they think its bad? Pride is for things they accomplish...and the struggles white people have are not due to their color.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I didn't do anything to become white and I didn't have to overcome any obstacles because I am white ...so where does the pride come in?

Just like the black and hispanic races have a rich history, culture, and have made contributions to society, so has the white race. Is there no "pride" in that? Achievements in philosophy, science, literature, art, music, etc. Why can't people show pride in their own heritage?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• None of us have any control over the color of the skin on the outsides of our bodies, so there is no reason for any pride or shame about it. What we can control is the way we perceive and treat others. There should be no room in our hearts or minds for hatred of others of any color. Tell your son that the color of his skin is immaterial, it's the color of his heart that matters.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't understand the white guilt many have today. So many make whites out to be morally inferior to any other race. Maybe our ancestors were but whose to say other foot turned around that blacks would not have enslaved whites if they had the chance back then. We don't know. We know people were not as sophisticated or compassionate as we are today in all races. I feel no guilt and am not ashamed of being white. I see no point my family was not here during slavery they were in Poland and later my family was slaughtered by Hilter in the Holocaust. My grandmother was one of three people in her family that did survive. She came to American and instead of being bitter made a life for herself. She watched her children, husband, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends die in torturous ways simply because of their race and religion. I don't see Jewish pride days. So I still don't get the whole black pride movement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• What a bs comment, that white people do not struggle because of their color!

Ask any white man who was not hired for the job because a black man had to fill the quota for the company.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009