potty training.....ok the thing is I know how to potty train I have one other child that is 4

She was 19 months old when she got fully potty trained. She was so easy I tought her she followed took me one month to train her she learned both at the same time. But with my second I tried to train her at 13 or 14 months old, but she ended up getting really sick and had diarhea for 3 weeks and was in the hospital so I stopped training her she is going to be 20 months on the 11th and now I sit her on the potty sometimes like bedtim, bathtime when I go things like that, but for the last couple weeks she keeps taking off her diaper wether it is clean or dirty I am tired of cleaning up poop from her taking her diaper off lol. She does do really good going potty when I do sit her there, but she isn't fully trained she pees in the potty, but pooping only sometimes is she ready to potty train? She wont take off her clothes if she has undies on. How do I get her to poop there? She doesn't go the same time everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree with Jillybeans24. Get rid of her diapers, buy underwear, and get through it together. She is a perfect candidate for the three-day method. My son was done in 8 days at 19.5 months, and I used m&m's, and Hot Wheels :)

The previous reply, anon. 10:16 is difficult to read and doesn't make sense. Giving our toddlers the dignity and self-respect of using a potty as opposed to forcing them to sit in their own waste fosters independence, self-esteem, and self-respect. Your ds is clearly bothered by having a soiled diaper, so helping her wear underwear and use the potty now at 20 months is a great idea. I do not think you are rushing anything. All kids are different and maybe anon 10:16's did not mind wearing diapers, so for them it was fine to wait. You're doing the right thing. Let me know if you have any questions about the method I used. I'll send you a link.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• First get rid of the diapers and plan on staying in for a weekend. Make her sit on the potty every couple hours. Like you guys do it together. When your done she's done too. (You don't want her thinking its a punishment) Then when she does make a really big deal about it!!! Jump and scream maybe a a few m&m's or what not. If she is taking off her diaper after she goes in it she is ready for the big girl potty!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• She isn't even two yet. Give her a little time to BE a little one for Heaven's sake. What's the rush? I started potty training when my sons were 2 years old and 3 of them were ofut of diapers a few mos. before their 3rd bdays. My 2nd son however was a all 4 were totally day and night trained by 30-32 mos. old. We rush to grow them up and then wonder when they are 12-13 and want to act all grown up. Gee, I wonder why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have 4 kids and they potty trained differently. Each kid has their own pace and alot of accidents happen because we are pushing them too hard. There is nothing set in stone saying kids have to be potty trained by a certain age. Just be sure to get it done before kindergarten, lol, good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009