Question for Vegetarians

So, in the past 2 weeks, I have eaten maybe 2 ounces of chicken. We used to eat about 5 ounces of red meat 5 times a week, and some white meat in between. I have noticed that my skin is clearning up. I used to have bumps on my face and back and now nothing. My skin is perfectly clear. My face actually looks alot better, yesterday I didn't put on any make up because I just didn't need to. Is this because of cutting out meat? Or could it be something we added? I'm just trying to figure out the secret here. What are we eating now that we weren't before, or what are we not eating, that caused the breakouts? Any ideas?

Petie

Asked by Petie at 10:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Commercially available meat is loaded with toxins! You probably also have more energy and are sleeping better.

I have some great information on nutrition, especially for children. I also have tons of tasty, healthy family and budget friendly recipes; send me a message offlist if you are interested. Cafemom has some wonderful and supportive vegetarian recipe and lifestyle groups.

Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You know, I AM sleeping better. It used to take me about an hour or more to fall asleep and then I was up during the night, and woke up tired. NOW, for the past week or so, I have fallen asleep in about 10 minutes and wake up, and I'm not exhausted when I get up. The kids are sleeping better too, and dd's behavior is getting better.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It's pretty amazing, isn't it? Your whole family is on the road to better health. Congratulations!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Its probably the cutting out all the red meat and increasing the amount of veggies. Also if your drinking more water it will help clear up your skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009