Should I say something or just let it be?

My ex was drunk again last night and the last thing he said was "you will read about me in the paper because I don't know if I will wake up". This is something he throws in my face all the time and everytime he does, he is fine the next day and continues to drink. I haven't heard from him since. I have tried to help him by buying him some pills and sticking by his side but I have had enough. I am so mad because he keeps doing this to me and I don't want to even try with him anymore because he always goes back to booze. I don't want to write him but at the same time, even though he probably won't respond and I will still be sitting here wondering still, I want to know if I should send him and email asking if he's okay. Like I said, I don't want to but should I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• cont...I also got upset with him lastnight and we fought which probably didn't help anything but this happens every other night and I am just tired of it and couldn't hold it in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I might tell him that you don't want to hear from him unless he's sober and that you apparently AREN"T enough to help him get over the alcohol. perhaps suggest he go to AA or treatment center. Let him know that you've done your best and now he's on his own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Thanks...I kinda told him that lastnight. I am just worried today because I don't know if he is okay or alive. I am scared to death because it could happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You need to find a way to seperate yourself from him. If he contacts you while drunk, hang up the phone, close the messanger, delete the email. What ever it is. You've done your best to help him but it sounds like he really doesn't want to quite and he wants to keep you with him. Don't let him do it!!
    Anonymous

• If he doesn't stop HE WILL DIE sooner than if he would stop. I understand you worry and concern, but you need to wash your hands of him until he's ready to stop. Just him telling you he's ready is not enough. He has to prove it. He should go to AA. You could go to ALANON or is it ALNON? it's for the loved ones of the drinkers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009