Do you have a favorite Fall craft you do with your kids? What about early Fall traditions?

21stCenturyMom

Asked by 21stCenturyMom at 10:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• well of course pumpkin decorating... some of our other fun fall crafts are collecting fall leaves and doing rubbings, making "stained glass" with leaves, crayons, and freezer paper.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 5:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Construction Paper is a Mothers friend! through the years I have made paper pumpkins of alll sorts even the kind that look like all slitted and hang from the ceiling (those were cute) in November, I made placemats and started by using the kids' hands tracing them (fingers spread) cut out the hand and add feathers or let the kids paint them to look like turkeys with the thumb being the head. then gluing it to the other longer piece of construction paper and viola!! A placemat made especially by your baby! I just supply contruction paper, non toxic glue stick, crayons, non toxic paint, markers and there are thousands of things to make!! Have FUN!!!!
    hlathrop72

Answer by hlathrop72 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• When my boys were younger we would go on a fall scavenger hunt. I would pack up an "autumn" picnic, and make a list of autumn things to look for.....pine cones on the ground, colored leaves, decorations in peoples windows, pumpkins on porches...etc., we would walk through our neighborhood and mark them off the list as we walked.....when they were very young I glued pictures from magazines to make my list.....anyway, we would end up at our neighborhood park, where we would have a little picnic with peanut butter and pumpkin butter sandwiches...apple cider, cut out cookies with autumn shapes...whatever autumn food I could think of....

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009