If Jesus had such a great following in his day, why is there no documentation about it?

No historian or philosopher who lived at the time had anything to say about Jesus's alleged mircles. Neither did they record anything regarding Jesus as a religious leader. His Sermon on the Mount, his triumphant entry into Jerusalem and the controversy that surrounded his ministry (so intense that the chief priests supposedly conspired to have him killed) seem strangely unknown to them. Philo, the early first century Jewish historian who lived at the right time and place, who wrote extensively about religious and political matters of his day, wrote not one word about Jesus.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Try reading Josephus. He was a Jewish historian of the time. The early Christians did read his works. And did mention Jesus An extraordinary man if you could call him a man. who was a doer of great works. I'm parphrasing there I don't remember the exact qoute.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The BIBLE is the only documentation you need!!! *cough cough*

Just thought I'd say that before all the anons did.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LOL...  Someone who preformed awesome miracles and had a GREAT following wherever he went shold have been documented BY SOMEONE and it wasn't even written about until YEARS later?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• When they decided to write it, they had to make the story be in the past so no one could disprove that it happened...being that all the characters in the story would supposedly already be dead. That's my theory.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i know everyone has their own beliefs but why just because you think one way should you try to belittle another religion. I agree the bible is all the documentation I need. But I am not trying to belittle you because you dont think the same way. And how is your religion documented did the person or persons you believe in have followers that documented everything they did.
    Miranda123006

Answer by Miranda123006 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I AM NOT BELITTLEING YOU! I am bringing to light a question YOU YOURSELF SHOULD ASK. Is it my fault I refuse to believe in a man and his gang of friends that there is absolutely no historical fact for? If he was so amazing and did such great and wonderful things, historians and polical people of the time would have written about it and NO ONE DID, and all I am asking is why do you think that was?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The BIBLE is the only documentation you need!!!

I won't even go anon to say it, I have nothing to hide. The BIBLE IS the only documentation I need,and the rest of the world,obviously. Sorry if it's not good enough for some,but it is for most.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If the Bible is not documentation enough of Jesus' life,and following, why is it STILL the best-selling book of all time,nothing has ever matched it,and has been translated into more languages than any of book in history,and is STILL going strong,and shows no signs of ever slowing down? That in itself should tell you that's all we need.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• YOU ARE SO RIGHT STVMEN88 I AM SO GLAD PEOPLE CAN STAND UP FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE........AND I AM SO GLAD THAT ONE DAY WHEN I DIE I WILL BE IN HEAVEN WITH GOD JESUS AND ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS AND MY FAMILY!!!!!
    Miranda123006

Answer by Miranda123006 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• And also IHARTU if you ever took time to read the bible you would see where we the believers are not suppose to question god just know his will be done. So you did not bring a question to light that I myself should ask.
    Miranda123006

Answer by Miranda123006 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009