Matthew 27:52-53... Zombies?

Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out The graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The opening of tombs and the raising of the dead should have been a most phenomenal event to say the least! Why do Mark, Luke and John make absolutely no mention of it?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They wouldn't have been zombies at all. They appeared to many, likely as normal everyday people. If there was nothing remarkable about these people, why should they be further written about? As Stvmen88 said, the Apostles all wrote from differing viewpoints as guided by the Holy Spirit. Why did God feel that there only be one account of this wondrous event? The same reason we don't hear anymore about Eve in the OT outside of the account in Genesis...it's a mystery.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Because it's BS.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Because each of the Apostles wrote in their own way. Matthew was a tax collector, he wrote from a point of view of a common man,who probably noticed things like that. Just because the others don't mention it,doesn't mean it didn't happen. If Matthew wrote it, you can bet it happened.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• come on any one would noticed the dead raising
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• As I said, each gave their own perspectives. For whatever reason Mark, Luke, and John all decided this event was not as important as when Jesus rose,which was (and still is!),the greatest event in the history of mankind. Why Matthew chose to include it,we don't know,and frankly, I could care less why. All I know is,they all included Jesus' birth, live, ministry,death,and resurrection,and that is good enough for me!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• stvmen88, So what you're saying is that as long as the good book contains the basis of your beliefs, the other stuff is throw away information? It doesn't matter?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• It does matter,but what I'm saying is, for whatever reason, each man wrote what he felt was relevant. It's just like you and I. We could both see the exact same car wreck,and you can believe we would both have a different perspective,because everyone sees things differently,and we each think only certain things and points are important. No different with the first four books of the NT. It's just 4 different human beings,writing their 4 different perspectives of what they personally witnessed,and what they felt was relevant to write,and what wasn't.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• stvmom88....love ur responses...god bless u my dear.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 11:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Thank you BuzyMamma! God bless you,too sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2009