Need a little laugh?

The Toyota Camry is the No. 1-selling car in the U.S. because of the “Cash for Clunkers” program. I think Obama’s getting a little carried away. Now he’s letting people trade in their old American children for newer Japanese children.”

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 10:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Summer vacation is finally over, but not for the Obama Family. They just got back from Martha’s Vineyard and now they’re going off to another vacation at Camp David. Joe Biden was really excited for the car trip — he loves sticking his head out the window.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LOL
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LMAO!!
    mrs.altshue

Answer by mrs.altshue at 10:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• The Toyota Camry has been the best seller for a long time, what does that say about Americans and loyalty?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Toyota, Ford and Honda all did well and made money. All were projected to make money without the clunker program and had been slowly turning a corner. GM and Chrysler (gov owned with bailout money) did not do as well and continued to hemorrhage money. The Clunker program was a bust like everything Obama touches.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

It says we want a quality product and will buy it from the company that provides it to us. American non union workers make Toyotas so we are being loyal and keeping people in jobs here when we buy them. I would possibly buy a Ford but never a GM or Chyrlser vehicle. Toyota has the best quality out there why would I buy crap?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yes, funny in an ironic way, but not a literal way. We continue to throw money at the GM conundrum, and it continues to bleed our dollars, with the unions happily lapping at the puddles.

If anything, it makes me angry that the average taxpayer isn't paying more attention to where their money is going and the fact that it's a horrible investment by the gov. on behalf of the taxpayers. What happens when your investment company sinks money into bad investments? You fire them and go elsewhere. Unfortunately, we can't fire our government for making stupid financial decisions. No, we just get to sit and wait for a better choice to come along and hope to hell that a majority of the other taxpayers agree with you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• As an American I have always been loyal to my Nissan cars/SUVs! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LMAO cute..I could so see Biden with his head out the window 'are we there yet daddy O blah blah?'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LOL! Good ones! Loved em. And, yeah, I can so see Biden sticking his head out the window,just like the loyal Labrador Retriever,who faithfully does everything his master tells him!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2009