Do you feel Hannah Montana is appropriate for a three year old to watch?

My daughter has been asking me for the movie. I checked it out online and I didn't find anything inappropriate. My husband is concerned because Hannah wears shorts skirts when shes on stage. I told him that those are just her stage clothes...like how a gymnast or dancer has to wear certain outfits. I told him I would explain things to her. So do you think its appropriate??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My just turned 4 year old watches her all the time. If she wanted the movie I'd buy it for her. I don't think she's inappropriate at all. But that's just me and my opinion.

Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I personally would rather my 3 year old watch something more educational. I understand that most shows have some education quailty to them (showing how to deal with situations) But I would rather stick with the younger shows, like Yo Gabba Gabba, Handy Many, Dora, Diego, stuff like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• my two year old watched it with me
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I watched the movie with my almost two year old. He likes listening to her sing. I didn't see anything inappropriate in the movie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I don't think it's appropriate. Hannah is disrespectful to her father and talks to him in a tone and attitude that I would never allow my child to use. She is not a good role model.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• mine does but she's also got big sisters who are really into her.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her...even though she disrespects her father at times - it always come back to bite her in the butt and make her realize that he was right and she was wrong.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• the show itself no -- I briefly allowed my kids to watch some Hannah Montana shows and iCarly (which I like better), Zack and Cody and honestly I saw a behavioral shift for the worse, MUCH MORE ATTITUDE.
    But just the movie or the live music show -- I don't have an issue.
    The clothes are def. not an issue as you pointed out on-stage people wear costumes, shoot in the real world they will see more crazy clothes than on Hannah Montana.
    BTW, my kids are 4 and 5.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No they have attitude problems, they are rude, and don't dress proper. Miley doesn't respect her father like she should and that irritates me. What children see and hear they will see and do. Is that something you would like to her to do?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Nope. She's mouthy and disrespectful. I would keep this away from my 3 year old for as long as possible. I also don't like the focus on how important material items such as clothes are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I am not a fan of her at all. But my daughter who is 3 loves to watch the show and even sings her songs. I think its ok to be seen if your around her as she is watching it. She isn't going to get the idea at her age to go flaunting herself in a mini-skirt..but I think its ok if a parent is near by while the show is on.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2009