Proper care for a 6" Kalanchoe potted plant?

This Kalanchoe plant was given to me 2 weeks ago in full bloom. Is it strictly an indoor plant, or can I plant it outdoors year-round? I live in San Antonio, TX.

Goldie333

Asked by Goldie333 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• While it's blooming, watering once a week should be sufficient. Make sure containers drain thoroughly. Left in wet soil, the roots can be prone to rot, so be sure the soil dries out between waterings. An ordinary plant fertilizer can also be applied about once every two weeks.

Other than avoiding direct sun in the hotter months, kalanchoes can tolerate a wide variety of lighting conditions, though faring best in bright indirect light. (You’ll recognize too much sun exposure when the leaves begin to look “sunburned.”)

Read more: http://houseplants.suite101.com/article.cfm/kalanchoe_plant_care#ixzz0QMfdUSU7
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009