Subsititute Teaching

I used to work in a child care center that mostly had toddlers and babies. I loved that job but it had to close down a little over 6 mos ago and I haven't had any luck finding work yet. I live in a very small town and jobs just isn't around. I have however, decided to go back to school. Anyway, I been thinking about subsititute teaching. I would love to do it in grades Pre-K through 1st grades. I never worked with children in this age range except for my own three children. Has anyone ever subsititute before? If so, any tips for me? How did you like it? What is a day in the life of a subsititute teacher like is what I am really asking? I got do do subteaching training in Oct. Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• You probably have to get a teaching certificate. Check with your local school system on the requirements.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2009