Would you ever call the police department and complain about a cop?

So last night my family came home around midnight. When we pulled up to our house a cop was blocking our driveway because he had pulled someone over. After sitting there for about 15min, I took my son out of the car and walked him to the house and put him to bed. When we had pulled up the cop was standing at the car talking to the person. It would have been nice to pull up when he got back, but he didn't. So my husband sat in the car with the headlights on and turn signal waiting. Finally the car pulled away, and that JERK stayed put while he filled out his paper work. He wouldn't pull up his car or anything. He KNEW we were there! I could not believe what a jerk he was. We didn't do anything wrong. He was blocking our driveway! I have his squad number and I so bad wanted to call and say that I thought that was totally unacceptable. I had kids in the car who were ready for bed and he was a cop on an ego trip.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, and I would have said something to the cop. I would have been nice, of course. I wouldn't want to get in trouble for interferring.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would def call the department and explain. That was so rude of him especially since he didn't move even to fill out the paperwork
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• NEVER!!!!!!!! If he had a ego about that imagine what he'll do if you get him in trouble. You'll be getting pulled over ALL THE TIME. I have a friend who's a cop, he thinks that shits funny.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt. Once i turned a cop in around here...that asshole still makes the SAME comments and still treats me like shit when he sees me!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• See that's when you have too much power that it makes the people who are supposed to rely and trust them afraid to report them when they do wrong. Cops are such asses, no wonder my dh doesn't like them.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 11:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would call the department and if it's not something that they are requiered to do then it needs to be. I have never called about a cop but dh had a cop be rude to him and then the cop showed up with his super to arrest dh. When dh explained his side of the situation and admit where he was himself was rude and appologized, the cop got dressed down RIGHT on the spot!! And was put on a different beat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• In my community I would but my dad is the Police Chief. Somewhere else I might not.
    Anonymous

• I guess I don't understand why you didn't just park on the street and move your car into the driveway when he left. Sure the asshat was on an ego trip, but why did you let him get to you?
    There is nothing to do about it now, he will just start harassing you for complaining. He knows where you live and would surely know who it was that complained.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• To respond to the person above, we couldn't because they are working on our street and there are signs that say no parking. If we had left the car, he could have ticketed us for parking in a no parking zone.
    teach2ndgrade

Answer by teach2ndgrade at 11:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have complained before. Cop does not mean God in my book, and they need to be held to the same laws, and common courtesies, as the rest of us.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2009