Do you think people really care about other people

all this talk about pa and heath care reform , make m feel like people don't care about each other anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• After reading a lot of comments on this site, I think they don't.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• No-I don't think very many people do. Seems like the older I get, the more its seems to be that people really think that if they don't see something happening in their FRONT YARD-that it doesn't happen at all.

Also, the older I get-the more I realize that some people will believe anything and everything someone else tells them. I just don't understand it. I just don't get it......
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• They do care for the most part. Seems both sides of this issue have crazy people. I am for helping those that cannot help themselves so I am not against PA just PA abuse which does hurt those that need assistance since the resources are limited. It is especially bad when it comes to those who abusing housing assistance.

I am not against healtcare reform at all just not for the plan the Dems have. I want real reform that will help all Americans. We need real reform not a gov take over.

I give 20 percent of my take home to charity and volunteer daily at the food bank. I care a lot about people. I also care about my family and what it would mean to lose more money in higher taxes. I would have to cut off charitable donations I would not hurt my family to help someone else. This plan is not about reform it is about power and greed and I feel sad for those that believe Obama cares about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Unfortunately in today's society, it's a mean & cruel world out there. There are still some people out there who care about others. They are the rare ones. People nowadays are so caught up in materialism or just trying to make ends meet that they often forget about politeness & sympathy towards their fellow man. They often forget "do unto others" & are only out for themselves. It's a crying shame what the world is becoming. Crime rates & just plain ignorance are in abundance. All we can do as moms, is to teach our children right & hope that they will do the same when they reach adulthood. We have to stay strong & not degrade others. Children learn what they live with.
    TJSMOM91804

Answer by TJSMOM91804 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Hi,
    I think that there are many people who care about people they just dont seem to getting media coverage the way they should. I also think economy has hurt many people in doing things for others that they would like to or have done. I am a nurse and I have always cared about people and their families, especially those who need care. I have seen many changes over the years especially with managed care where people have been denied care the doctors needed to have done. Believe there are many people who truly care for humanity , and always I try to put myself in there place. I only wish that we would see more postive on media , so others woudl follow suit.
    It can be draining to see all the sadness , but one healing or miracle can make your heart soar.

Keep believing in good and kindness , it can be contagious
    tink571

Answer by tink571 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• Aaawww..why? Because you don't LISTEN. You have decided that those who are against people milking the system are big fat meanies! Well you go girl...keep on keepin your head in the sand. ONE group of people should not have to carry the entire burden of another group of people. If you are in NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED and you need HELP to get on your feet. THAT is what PA is for. As for UHC everything still costs too much and there is NOREFORM if the govt just takes it over. Help to make it more competitive, tort reform and other ideas that have been presented are WAY better then ANY of the dem proposed plans. If wanting loop holes closed so people who abuse the system can't and wanting everyone to have affordable ins that THEY pay for makes me a big fat meanie....so be it....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• We do care that is why I'm against heath care reform. That will screw all, especially the poor. It will not help. And if you think it will help, than you need to study it more. Check out the wait they will have to do and they may die waiting.
    I know people who are poor now and have gotten great care. They have no problems getting seen. NOW in California where everyone there is on the government payroll and the border states were illegals get good care for free there is a long wait. And that will get worse with the reform.
    I will be fine no matter what but my neighbors will not be. SO I DO CARE! that is why I'm fighting against it!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I care about other people wanting to learn to do better for themselves

I care about government having too much control and becoming more of a nanny state because people will LET them.

I care about helping those who are unable to take care of themselves in my community AS a community.. NOT reliant ON the FEDERAL government.

I think people are lazy/selfish and do NOT WANT to help their community ON THEIR OWN. They would rather the government do it. That disturbs me.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• for the most part yes i bel;ieve peolpe still care about each ohter. just see how fast we spring into action when there is an emergerncy and we form ranks and help.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2009