10 month old and no teeth

My lil girl has been theething since she was 3 months and now she getttin ready to turn a year in october and still no teeth at all...is this normal?her daddy didnt get ne teeth till he was over a year but its starting to worry me and im anxious to c her with lil teethes lol....she gets really cranky,droolin all the time,and puts everthing in her mouth..i give her orajel and popsicles n that seems to help but goodness when is sumthing gonna break through

mommy1020292

Asked by mommy1020292 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ask your dentist!! I'm sure she'll get them, just a late bloomer in teeth that's all. Think about it, I don't think there's a writeup in medical history of a baby being born and growing up with any natural teeth.

I'd just ask your own dentist or a ped dentist. She sounds gorgeous - babies are so so cute!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• two of my kids were 10 months when they got their first tooth, and I have some friends whose kids didn't get teeth until after their first birthday. No big deal, don't worry!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My daughter got her first teeth at one year. She's a little over 2 and has almost all of them broken through, now. Dentist said she was a "late bloomer" but nothing unsual or to worry about. said that if by 18 months, still no signs of teeth, come back to check, but even that can be OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2009