pre k teaching wrong

I helped out 2 days in my childs class they were learning a new pre k song and the song goes "pre k pre k what you say were going to have some fun today" i so hate them teaching my child the wrong way to talk i know this is the words b/c they have it written on the paper like that. at the end it also goes break it down now I am not going to say anything but there are other things in the class room that is weird to they have their papers hanging outside the class room and they cut and paste their fav. food on paper and at the top it says "Jill food list" then others say "Kelly's food list" so one of the teacher did it wrong...errr..my childs was done wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• correct them and ask them why its like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I would talk to the teacher and principal. Have a sit down WITH both. If you can't get the issues resloved, take your child out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree first response - you're helping and you want to understand their method of teaching - just comment you thought the correct way was .....

Probably they just want to interest the kids in learning right now and worry about detail of correctness in kinderg. and above, plenty of years to learn to be correct!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Wow, your child's pre K is teaching Ebonics. That's not good at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I agree with anon 11:52am anon . Thats hilarious. But yeah I hope talking to the teacher helps
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Have you read your own post? And you're complaining about the way they are singing a SONG?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• LOL Anon 2:14. I agree!
    OP- How did you even notice the song was wrong? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• "Have you read your own post? And you're complaining about the way they are singing a SONG? "

That's exactly what I was thinking...
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Come on ladies, as parents, don't we all want our children to have better advantages than we had growing up? So why nit pick about her post? She is obviously concerned about her childs education and wants advice. Yet you pick on her about how hers is written. Behave yourselves!
    To the OP, good for you for being involved in your childs class. This is exactly how you find out what they are learning. I would bring up the song to the teacher. I wouldn't want my child singing a song that isn't worded properly either, especially while they are so young and easily influenced. As for the name thing, I would correct it with your child. It was probably (hopefully) just an oversight on the teachers part. I caught a mistake by my dd's teacher last week. She circled an answer that my dd got wrong and it WAS wrong, but she neglected to find the other answer that my dd got wrong. I pointed it out to my dd and had her correct it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Talk to the teacher and director of the center. Teachers make mistakes just like everyone else. I know because I am a preschool teacher and I make mistakes. Sometimes I catch them before papers go out to parents and sometimes I don't. Nitpicking is not going to help. Talking nicely to the teacher should help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2009