Have you worked a successful work-at-home job?

If so please respond here saying you have (since this IS the answers section, lol)!

But please visit my journal and tell me your story! Here is the address: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1523076/Work_From_Home_jobs

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Thanks everyone. I got the job I want! WOOOO HOOOOO!!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• scam
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Good job Anon 12:05PM, your response makes absolutely no sense. There are lots of legitimate work at home jobs out there, but right now a lot of them are cutting back because of the economy.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 12:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'm not asking for "smart" answers. I am in need of a legitimate wah job. Thank you for replying though anon. =(
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• kgb is hiring, I don't think ChaCha is right now. There's Cloud9, LiveOps, On Point Advocacy, West At Home, Alpine Access, PMI, Brighton, Verafast, etc. BUT a lot of these still require you to have a quite area to work in, so you'd still need some sort of child care.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 12:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• yep.

I have been successful selling avon for 6 years now. paid the mortgage for the past 4 years.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Yes. I work with Scentsy.

http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

It's a 5yr old company, so not many know of it. If you have any questions, just let me know. I'd love for you to join!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 5:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Everyone knows avon, marykay, scentsy, tupperware, etc. Yes you can be successful at all of these but I am going to share personal beliefs on Mary Kay. These are facts so you can look this stuff up if you doubt it. Mary Kay has made more women millionaires than any other company. It is a billion dollar industry, 50% profit from the day you start ( I think this is the only direct selling company that you make 50%), no territories or quotas ( you can have team members or customers anywhere in the world), constant repeat customers, ( people will always be replacing face wash, lotions, on a regular basis), have a chance to drive a career car and have the insurance and gas paid for, get all of your own products at wholesale. The list goes on and on of the benefits, if you want more info ask me, I'd be glad to answer anything! Good luck with whatever you do!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The facts are Mary Kay, Scentsy, Tupperware, Avon, and even Jafra are NOT work at home jobs, they are work at home businesses. The question being asked is about work at home JOBS. Successful at your work at home business? Great! But that's not pertinent to the question being asked.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 1:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009