how can i approach this?

so my husband is not really a big huge drinker on ocassion he will drink to get drunk, and yrs. ago he peed on himself he was so embarassed he promised not to drink to the point of peeing again 6 mo later it happend. and it kinda followed a pattern you know saying sorry but did nothing for it. i told him to sleep somewhere else that i was tired of accidents. he did and now it has gotten to the point where is every other weekend. i dont know what to do. if i tell him he gets upset and says i know.anywaynow he doesnt even tell me he peeded i just find the spot on the carpet or his wet clothes in the laundry. what should i do someone help me. thanks for all your answers..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• First he needs to stop drinking. I think you know that. I guess your going to have to mother him. Make him go to the bath room when he drinks. Is this a deal breaker in your marriage? As in divorce or separation

Answer by louise2 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'd go into counselling and demand he goes to about his acoholism or you're gone and same way with a physical by a urologist.

If he weren't drunk and peed it's a physical disorder since he's drunk he care more about being drunk than you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I have been listening to some self help cds for someone who is in a relationship with an alcoholic and it brings this problem up. It says DO NOT do anything for the alcoholic that they could and should do by themselves...this includes cleaning up after them. Set his clothes aside and don't touch them and as far as the pee on the carpets, I can't remember what it says but I would do some spot cleaning on that one. GL. I am dealing with an alcoholic right now and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'd be buying some adult diapers and telling him to go at it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I'd be buying some adult diapers and telling him to go at it. LOL!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2009