How do i get my 4 year old to sleep through the night!!!!???

I think i can count on ONE hand the number of times she's actually slept through the night and i'm exhausted!!! I'm seriously concidering having another child but it feels like i have an infant already! She will wake up and say she's hungry so i give her a banana or something then an hour later she's thirsty... then an hour later she just wants me so i put the covers over her and she's fine... 2 hours later she has to go to the bathroom (she's been night potty trained since she was 26 months! she knows how to use the bathroom by herself!) I just don't know what to do... i try giving her filling meals before bed but i doesn't matter she will always wake up!!! UGH! And she does take like an hour nap cause she's a demon child if she doesn't and i keep her up til about 10....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well my both my kids woke at night until they were really old. My 7yr old woke almost every night until she was about 3 and still occasionally until she was 4, and my 5 yr old still occasionally wakes up and woke every night until he was 4. I made some rules though. Once they were in bed no eating- my 7 yr old used to use this as an excuse to not go to bed (she'd say she was hungry right when I turned off the lights and she'd try to delay bed by eating). I also put sippy cups by their bed so they could drink at night without me needing to get them a glass of water. Also, when my DD first started going to the bathroom at night by herself I'd leave the light on for her.
    Then when they would wake I'd go down and lie with them until they fell asleep but the rule was no talking, no getting out of bed, no playing- they had to try to go back to sleep or I left. It sounds like she's waking up all those times because
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• she knows you'll come. If you stop doing those things for her she'll stop waking up expecting them.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• How about watch some Nanny 911 or supper nanny on tv. Quit giving into her. Sorry but shes a brat and knows you will keep coming. She isnt hungry or thirsty! Ignore her, put her in bed at a decent time, tell her i love you good night see you in the morning. CLOSE the door and leave. If she keeps coming out do not talk to her. Keep putting her in bed, close the door. Keep repeating this over and over until she gets it and understands you mean business. Eventually she will "get it"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• anon 1:05 she goes to sleep with NO problems its she likes to wake up a few hours later... if i tell her no she has a freakin temper tantrum and screams at the top of her lungs for ever!!! i tried! ugh....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2009